Welcome to the Volleyball Coaches Portal. This site is intended to be one stop shopping for all news about volleyball across the greater philadelphia region. If you have information that should be shared, please email it to Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger at email@example.com Thank you and we hope you find the site useful and informative.
Coaches please report scores, with the pursuit of trying to go High School volleyball in the press this is what has been requested from the Philadelphia Inquirer;
Teams can report scores to us at 215-854-4570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All teams are welcome to report scores and highlights to us, and we'll include the scores and schedules of everyone who reports to us on the scoreboard of our Rally page in the Inquirer and online at Philly.com. We will include some volleyball highlights in our daily roundups when space and time permits.
Bishop Shanahan High School located in Downingtown, PA is currently accepting applications for their Head JV Volleyball Coach/Varsity Assistant. The right candidates must possess a demonstrated knowledge of volleyball fundamentals and advanced playing techniques, the candidate must be able to build on the technical and tactical aspects of an established and successful program in order to prepare the student athlete for potential opportunities at the varsity level. To apply for this position please send cover letter & resume to Athletic Director Ron Reidinger at email@example.com and Greg Ashman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volley talk is a free web site on which fans coaches, players and others interested in volleyball post questions and seek comments on many subjects.
On the current list of subjects talked about is :
THE CONCEPT OF GUARANTEED COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS.
I urge you to read the offering from a Commentator called DUMAS on page 3 of the thread.
You owe it to yourself and your child to read and understand the immense misunderstanding about collegiate scholarships.
PLEASE JOIN A CLUB THAT TEACHES, AND INSTRUCTS ON THE WAYS OF PLAYING THE GAME NOT WHAT CANNOT BE PROMISED.
Here is a step by step description of the ranking process:
1. Only best of 5 matches are to be included; abbreviated matches, such as those played in tournaments, are to be excluded.
2. Only best of 5 matches with PIAA schools are to be included ; matches with non-PIAA schools are to be excluded.
3. District One teams that play matches with PIAA teams that are outside of District One, are responsible for obtaining end of season win/loss records of those opponents to have them included in the ranking calculation.
4. The ranking calculation weighs two factors; a team’s season win/loss record, and the pre-district playoff win/loss records of that team’s PIAA opponents (as defined in steps 1-3).
5. An index will be calculated using 55% of a team’s own win/loss record (% matches won/total matches played), added to 45% of the combined win/loss records of its opponents. This formula is designed to reward teams that play competitive schedules.
6. Each District One team will be ranked for district playoffs using the 55/45 index, with the team with the highest total index ranked first, the team with the second highest index ranked second, and so on until all available seeds are determined.