VOLLEYBALL POWER RATING
Here is a step by step description of the ranking process:
1. Only best of 5 matches are to be included; abbreviated matches, such as those played in tournaments, are to be excluded.
2. Only best of 5 matches with PIAA schools are to be included ; matches with non-PIAA schools are to be excluded.
3. District one teams that play matches with PIAA teams that are outside of District One, are responsible for obtaining end of season win/loss records of those opponents to have them included in the ranking calculation.
4. The ranking calculation weighs two factors; a team’s season win/loss record, and the pre-district playoff win/loss records of that team’s PIAA opponents (as defined in steps 1-3).
5. An index will be calculated using 55% of a team’s own win/loss record (% matches won/total matches played), added to 45% of the combined win/loss records of its opponents. This formula is designed to reward teams that play competitive schedules.
6. Each District One team will be ranked for district playoffs using the 55/45 index, with the team with the highest total index ranked first, the team with the second highest index ranked second, and so on until all available seeds are determined.
If you are hosting or participating in a tournament and can provide pool play information please send to Greg at email@example.com and we will post it for you. Also after the tournament if you can provide results that would be greatly appriciated.